The mission of St. Bernard of Clairvaux Catholic School is to provide students with a quality, faith-based education in a safe and nurturing environment. The school strives to witness to God’s love and promote a Christian community, integrating religion and life.
The guiding philosophy of St. Bernard of Clairvaux Catholic School is to recognize the individual spiritual moral and intellectual needs of each student in an atmosphere rich in Catholic truths and values. We are committed to academic excellence by providing a challenging curriculum with high expectations for success. We consider it essential to teach the student to live in accordance with the spiritual, moral and ethical principal exemplified in the life of Christ.
1. We will continue to foster the importance of understanding and living Christian values among our school population. Students will more clearly understand that all behaviors, positive and negative, have consequences and they are ultimately the ones who are responsible for the choices they make.
2. We will work collaboratively to research and develop academic programs that incorporate the valuable components of STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art and Math) across the curriculum with open teacher communication to reinforce classroom learning in all subject areas.
3. We will develop a vertically aligned writing program that will prepare students to incorporate exemplary written practices across the curriculum in all teachable subjects.
4. We will challenge our students to reach their maximum potential emotionally, academically, spiritually, and socially to prepare them to become highly qualified candidates for the high school of their choice.
5. We will create a welcoming and nurturing educational environment that encourages all students, teachers, and community members to stay connected and participate as active alumni in the future of St. Bernard of Clairvaux Catholic School.