St. Bernard’s Church and School both follow the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program. The program is designed to help and protect the youth, elderly and vulnerable adults of our parish as they participate in activities within our community.
God entrusts us with the spiritual, emotional, and physical well being of minors and vulnerable adults. As they participate in activities within or sponsored by our Diocese, it is our responsibility to provide an environment that is safe and nurturing.
It is required that all visitors sign in at the office and receive a visitor badge. If you are not Safe Environment Cleared, you will be escorted by a staff member.
If you have NOT completed your initial Safe Environment Training or have not completed your Annual Renewal, you may NOT VOLUNTEER at any school sponsored activity.
You are always welcome to come and support our school at any function but if you DO NOT have a CLEAR status, you may NOT volunteer in any capacity. (This includes and is not limited to church carnival, school festivals, class parties, class field trips, Parent Bear and Cafe.) If you have a question regarding a specific activity/function, please call the school office at 214-321-2897
The Safe Environment Program has been adopted to:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for the minors and vulnerable adults in our faith community.
- Reduce the possibility of false accusations against clergy, employees and volunteers.
- Provide a structure for evaluating a person's suitability to work with minors or vulnerable adults.
- Provide a system to respond to the victim and his/her family as well as the accused.
If you have not been cleared as a volunteer by a parish of the Dallas Diocese the following steps need to be taken:
- You must complete the Safe Environment Screening form. This form requires three (3) references. The references must include complete address, phone number and e-mail. The references you provide should not be family members.
- Read the Parish and Diocese of Dallas’ Safe Environment Manual. A copy of this document is provided for you at a Safe Enviroment class to keep as a guide.
- You also have to attend a training session to view a video. It is important that you complete step 1 prior to attending the training session. PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILDREN DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE SUBJECT MATTER.
When the Safety Officer receives notificatio that you have completed the above On Line Screening Form the information will be sent to a central clearing agency chosen by the Diocese to conduct a criminal history check.
The central clearing agency returns the information to me and it is kept strictly confidential.
Annual Safe Environment Training
Online Safe Environment Training Updates: Click any of the three links below to update your Safe Environment Certificate. Each link will direct you to a video with certificate and review questions (you must print, complete and return to school office).
Please log on to your Safe Environment Update (see link below) to access your profile and update your training.
Please be sure to get a certificate from the training that you attend, or through the internet for our files as a matter of record.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school office at 214-321-2897.